2. The owner of the Website at www.alpinexpress.com is AlpineXpress Sàrl.
Company Reg No: CH-621.4.006.741-5
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Anyone accessing the Website (the “User”) undertakes to observe and strictly comply with the provisions set out here, as well as with any other applicable legal provision.
Users undertake not to use the Website for fraudulent purposes and to refrain from behaving in any way that might harm the image, interests and rights of AX. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions by any User, or any reasonable suspicion by AX that this has taken place, AX reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate the User’s access to the Website and to adopt any technical measures required to achieve that.
4. AX does not accept any liability arising from the information published on the Website, whenever this information has been manipulated or posted by a third party unrelated to it.
AX assumes no liability under any circumstance for content, commercial activities, products and services that might be displayed through links on the Website, either directly or indirectly. The presence of links on the Website, except where otherwise expressly stated, have been included for information only and in no way constitute any suggestion, invitation or recommendation as regards the same. These links do not represent any relationship between AX and individuals or companies that may access websites unrelated to AX through these links. AX reserves the right to unilaterally withdraw the links on the Website at any time.
AX provides its services and content continuously, using its technical resources. AX accepts no liability for damages of any kind caused by any lack of availability and/or technical functional continuity of the Website. AX shall take all the actions required to restore its services in the event of management becoming aware of a technical failure.
5. Data Controller
The personal data collected will be processed by AlpineXpress Sàrl (Company Reg No. CH-621.4.006.741-5, registered address Square-Poste, 1936 Verbier, Switzerland, e-mail email@example.com) acting as the Data Controller.
Purpose of Personal Data Processing
Personal details are collected and processed for the following purposes:
To contact Users;
To properly attend to and manage the queries, comments, incidents, and suggestions that are received;
To manage basic administrative tasks;
To properly attend to and manage requests for quotations for our services;
To manage the sale and purchase of our services;
To keep users informed of personalised offers and discounts from AX or third parties that may be of interest to them;
To provide additional services, improvements to our services and to the customer experience;
To perform statistical analysis of how Users make use of the Website;
To properly manage browsing of the Website.
With regard to the processing of Users’ data for promotional or advertising purposes, in addition to the data collection form, Users will be provided with a suitable procedure that is simple and free of charge, in order to freely give their consent to the processing of their data. This consent may be withdrawn at any time and at no cost to the User.
7. The lawful basis for processing Users’ data and information is the execution of any transport contract, the User’s consent and AX’s legitimate interest.
Recipients of personal data
8. In the event of AX being unable to provide transport services to fulfil a booking and when it has been agreed that the services will be provided by a third party, Users’ personal data will be communicated to any partner company providing transport services and contracted to the User. Any recipient of such information or data agrees to respect the privacy of Users and to use the data only for authorised purposes. Data will not be transferred to third parties unless this is required by law.
Rights of Users
9. Users have the right of access, rectification, erasure, objection, portability, and restriction with regard to their personal data and information. They can exercise this right by contacting AlpineXpress Sàrl, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Square-Poste, 1936 Verbier, Switzerland. Such requests must be accompanied by a photocopy of a valid National ID card or equivalent identity document and must specify the right being exercised.
Users may, at any time and under the terms set out in the applicable data protection regulations, withdraw the authorisation granted to process their personal information.
Users also have the right to file a complaint with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, Feldeggweg 1, 3003 Bern (www.edoeb.admin.ch). In any case, users must answer for the truth of the data provided. AX reserves the right to ban from using its services any user providing false information, without prejudice to any other legal actions. Users are responsible for notifying AX of any changes to their personal information.
Data retention period
10. AX only stores Users’ personal data for the purpose for which it was originally collected and in accordance with the legal basis for processing it. We will retain personal data as long as there is a contractual and/or commercial relationship with the user, and as long as the user does not exercise the right to erasure, cancellation, and/or restriction with regard to the processing of the data.
Should this occur, the data will be blocked and not used as long as it may be needed to lodge or defend complaints or when any kind of legal or contractual responsibility may be derived from processing it that must be addressed and for which the data must be retrieved.
AX must comply with current legislation on its obligation to cancel personal data and information that is no longer needed for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected, blocking the same so as to be able to respond to any possible liabilities arising from the processing of data, and solely for the duration of the limitation periods for any such liabilities. After the aforementioned limitation periods have elapsed the information in question shall be erased by secure methods.
Information we collect about visits to the Website
11. AX collects and stores limited personal information and anonymous statistics of all Users that visit our website, either because the User actively provides said information or is simply browsing our website. The information we collect includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device being used by the User, the browser and operating system being used, the time and date of access, the web address accessed by the User, as well as information on how our website is being used.
We use this information to know how long our website takes to load, how it is used, the number of visits, and the information that is most consulted by the User. This information helps us know whether the Website is working correctly, so that if we detect errors or bugs we can fix them and improve the Website's performance to be able to offer all our Users a better service.
In view of this, we collect usage and browsing data for statistical and advertising purposes, to monitor the use of the Website and to improve our knowledge of our Website Users’ interests.
12. Persons under the age of 16 (minors) must not send any personal information without the consent of a parent or guardian. AX assumes no liability for information sent by minors without such authorisation.
13. AX has taken the personal data protection safety measures required by current legislation in accordance with the type of information processed and has implemented other media and additional technical measures to avoid the unauthorised alteration, loss, processing of or access to the data received. AX hereby guarantees that it has adopted the appropriate security measures to ensure the security of the information and the confidentiality of the data that is sent to us over the Internet. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology is used for this purpose, which is a system that allows the information sent to us to be encrypted, thus avoiding its reading even if it has been unlawfully intercepted. The AX server is certified in such a way that its browser can confirm the identity of AX before any information is transmitted. This certificate ensures the identity of the target computer to which Users’ personal details are being sent. You can check that SSL security is operating if the padlock icon comes up in the bottom edge of most browsers. If you click on this icon a certificate associated with connection security will come up. Notwithstanding, Users should be conscious of the fact that internet security measures are not fail-safe.
14. Access to the Website can mean using cookies. Cookies are small quantities of information that are stored on each User’s browser so that the server can remember certain information that can be used later. This information makes it possible to identify you as a particular User and means your personal preferences can be saved, as well as technical information, such as the number of visits or particular pages you visit.
15. AX guarantees that it will process all payment data with complete security and privacy. The details of the card used during payment are encrypted and transferred using a secure SSL protocol that ensures the privacy of the communication through an exchange of encryption keys.
In order to guarantee the security of Website transactions, the control processes used by AX include prior verification and management of the information provided by the customer. AX reserves the authority to reject or cancel requests to contract and purchase tickets by customers paying with cards that are not their own, that have been obtained fraudulently, or with which they intend to carry out any type of fraudulent transaction.
Any requests by law enforcement agencies should be sent to: email@example.com.
Payment method issuers may also have other anti-fraud measures that could result in the rejection of certain transactions. AX does not control nor is responsible for any damages that could arise due to the application of policies approved by any payment method issuer.
The use of a payment method owned by a third party is not permitted, unless that third party has provided express authorisation. The person using the payment method is responsible for providing proof of such authorisation and for any damages that AX may sustain as a result.
Intellectual property rights.
16. All contents, elements, designs, and applications included in the Website, regardless of their format or characteristics, and all Industrial and Intellectual Property Rights inherent in the Website are owned by AX and are protected by Industrial and Intellectual Property regulations and by any other legislation that may apply. The aforementioned content cannot be used, reproduced, distributed, modified, publicly communicated, assigned, transformed or subject to any other disseminating procedure that has not been expressly authorised beforehand in writing. AX reserves the right to take any legal proceedings open to it against those who infringe upon its aforementioned owner rights.
AX provides Users with the appropriate technical resources to be able to access this Legal Notice and Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
18. Any disputes or issues relating to the Website or the activities taking place on the Website will be resolved under Swiss law, to which the parties expressly submit. All conflicts deriving from or relating to the use of the Website will be resolved by the competent courts and tribunals in accordance with applicable legislation.
In the event that any of the terms of this document be declared null, they will be removed or replaced. Should this occur, the validity of the rest of the terms included in this document will not be affected.
What are cookies?
2. Cookies are small groupings of digital information stored in the browser being used by each visitor to the Website (“User” or “Users”). These allow the AX server to remember certain information that it may need on subsequent occasions. This information allows the AX booking system to identify visitors as a specific User, save their personal settings and keep track of technical information such as the number of visits or the specific pages a User visits.
3. Users who do not want to receive cookies or who would like to be notified before they are stored in their computers, can configure their browsers accordingly. We have included some links at the end of this policy to help our Users learn how to configure some of the most popular browsers.
The cookies we use do not store any type of personal information, nor any type of information by which Users can be identified. These cookies allow us to offer you a better service. Some of them are strictly necessary for the proper running of the page, while other cookies improve performance and the experience of Users.
Classification of cookies
4. For some general information about cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org. There is also more information about cookies and how to manage them in your browser’s "Help" menu. We classify our cookies according to various categories.
Types of cookies based on the entity that manages them:
5. Proprietary cookies: Cookies sent to the user's terminal equipment from a machine or domain managed by the publisher, through which the service requested by the User is provided.
6. Third party Cookies: Cookies sent to the user's terminal equipment from a machine or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Types of cookies by the length of time during which they remain active:
7. Session Cookies: Cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
8. Persistent Cookies: Cookies that keep data stored in the terminal that can be accessed and processed over a period of time defined by the cookie's publisher, which may range from several minutes to several years.
Types of cookies by purpose:
9. Technical Cookies: Cookies that allow the User to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services provided therein for different purposes, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, session login, accessing restricted sections, remembering the elements comprising an order, completing an order's purchasing process, filling out an event's participation or registration form, using security features while browsing, buffering content for video or sound streaming, or sharing content through social networks.
10. Customization cookies: Cookies that allow Users to access the Website’s service with some predefined general characteristics based on the user's terminal settings, including for example, but not necessarily limited to language, type of browser through which the service is accessed and the regional configuration from which the service is accessed.
11. Analysis cookies: Cookies that allow their publisher to track and analyse the behaviour of any linked websites' users. The information collected through such cookies is used to measure website, application or platform activity, and to create site-user, application and platform browsing profiles in order to implement improvements based on analyses of usage data.
12. Advertising cookies: Cookies that enable the efficient management of advertising space provided by the publisher of a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as edited content or advertisement display frequency.
13. Behavioural advertising cookies: Cookies that enable the efficient management of advertising space provided by the publisher of a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store user behaviour information gathered through the continuous monitoring of their browsing habits to create specific user profiles based on which the most appropriate ads are displayed.
14. AX uses various types of cookies on the Website.
15. Analytical cookies: These cookies are used to analyse User behaviour in an aggregate and anonymous manner. This includes the number of visitors to both the Website and the booking platform, the origin, date and time of the visit, access platform, number of times a banner is clicked, search keywords used to find the required content. AX uses these data to make improvements to the Website and learn which content or design elements are more relevant to its Users.
16. Functional cookies: Cookies that offer Users a better browsing experience. For instance, these cookies are used to store browsing data for a particular language.
17. Technical cookies: Technical cookies are necessary to properly display the website and ensure proper and ordered running of the site.
18. Identifying our cookies: To help you identify our cookies on your browser, we have three types:
Type 1 Functional Cookies: Our own cookies generated by the Website.
Type 2 Technical Cookies: Those automatically generated by the booking platform server for session management purposes.
Type 3 Analytical Cookies: Those generated by measurement codes such as Google Analytics.
Your own browser settings
19. By changing your browser settings, you can allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your device. You can also get more information from within those settings or from your browser’s “Help” pages. Here are links to guides for five of the most popular browsers: Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647 Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042 Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html